WLI WATERFALLS IN GHANA
In the Volta Region of Ghana , we find the Wli waterfalls 20 metres from Hohoe. Which is the highest waterfall in the whole of west Africa. However, the waterfall is surrounded by the Agumatsa wildlife forest. Bringing the ambience of different kinds of plants and animals from wild flowers to baboons. Also, the Wli waterfalls is sometimes called the Agumatsa waterfall.
ALSO READ ABOUT, LIST OF TOWNS IN ANAMBRA
Wli Waterfall Ghana
Furthermore, this natural resources lives in the land of Ewe people. Agumatsa meaning allow me to flow; is a flourishing resource. However, it doesn’t just create great ambience for relating with nature. But has now become a major tourist location in the Volta region. The Agumatsa wild life sanctuary also lingers about the water fall; with over 200 species of birds and other animals. Nevertheless, the fall also has a upper region and lower region.
ALSO READ ABOUT, BEREKUM GHANA
What to do at the Wli Waterfalls
At the Wli waterfalls, there’s a bunch of amazing things one can do for fun:
• Try swimming even if its at the base. That’s if you’re not a good swimmer.
• Explore wildlife creatures .
• Fill your eyes with natures wonders either; from the top of the fall or at the base.
• Derive inspiration for your next project if you’re an artist.
• Network with other tourists; you never can tell who you’ll meet that might change your life forever.
• Camp with friends over the weekend.
• Visit the shrine of lesser gods brought in by Togolese immigrants. Also, learn about them from your tour guide.
• Take a hike.
ALSO READ ABOUT TOWNS IN GHANA
When to visit Wli falls in Ghana
The site is open all through the year. Therefore, you can visit around April to October. In order to catch up with the wildlife noises and fullness of the pool. Nonetheless, more appropriately to visit during dry seasons from November to March to get the fullest of your experience. In any case waiting till rainy seasons might not allow you to explore the full potentials of the site. As there might be certain restrictions as the upper fall is usually slippery during the rainy months. Although, the site is only open from 8am to 5pm daily. So always keep to time when visiting Wli waterfalls.
ALSO READ ABOUT, PLACES TO VISIT IN GERMANY
Transportation to Wli Waterfalls in Ghana
Take a cab (trotro )from Hohoe to Wli through Likwe Bakwa. You’ll stop at the visitors centre. Which is at the edge of the village.
ALSO READ ABOUT, PLACES TO PROPOSE
• Each year over 22,000 people come to visit the waterfall; to have a fun moment with nature.
• The waterfall is the highest in the whole of West Africa.
• It is made up of three levels :
First, the lower fall which is a 45km straight walk.
Then the second is a three hour hike. And it’s not for everyone unless you’ve got some athletic bones.
Finally the 3rd which is another 2 hours from the second level. If you think you can walk; then come to Wli Waterfalls in Ghana.
ALSO READ ABOUT, REGIONS IN GHANA
Standing about, are vendors selling soft drinks, snacks, assorted meats, etc. Around the entrance you’ll find classy restaurants and even lodges where you can stay to camp. Wli waterfalls lodge is actually not bad. Artists and Artisans aren’t left out. As they take opportunity in selling their works to tourists at the site.
The waterfall really does look like the one in Athens! It’s a great post and thanks for the facts